Dec 6, 2010

Intro/Abduction



I was watching The X-Files the other day and was feeling inspired. I thought I liked the idea of an alien introducing itself to fit the theme rather a painting introducing myself... though I do enjoy Sci-Fi....

I was aiming to create a kind of eerie, unearthly glow using a greenish-blue color pallet and the outer glow effect for certain parts of the painting. They are classic alien visuals but I always liked these creepy scenes in The X-Files the best, so I wanted to paint it. Its probably not as haunting as the show but I believe I succeeded in capturing the moment.

Whats important to me is I tried some new things in Photoshop and I'm pretty happy with the result.

4 comments:

Heyleeloo said...

Awesome Tris! I've never seen your digital paintings! This is great!

Shelley said...

i love it :D TWD shouldn't be too strict about rules anyway since it was created for the purpose of us having fun with art. think you totally captured the x-files feel with this one.

Brian "Beard" said...

Very eeeeerie, you captured this mood very well. And it is totally a self portrait your the weird ass alien in the background

Ivey said...

very creative. great way to express yourself